Thursday, February 5, 2009

A week in Review...

I'm sorry I haven't updated, but we were away. It is a long sordid story, so I will try and make it short and sweet - no guarantees though!

On Wednesday as a winter storm was hitting we set off with the boys in the Truck w/ the trailer and the jeep for the yearly gathering of all of John's college friends. We left the house at 6:45 am - sparing all the details - the roads were bad. At one point we had a dodge pickup spin out in front of us...right after I took this picture.


Then we saw 3 tractor trailers off the road, jack knifed, amazingly none of them rolled. At some point during our trip, we stopped a rest stop and gave a guy a ride to a rental car place because his car died...you would think that good deed would have made our trip go better. I'm beginning to think that guy was up to something bad and we got punished for helping him haha!

So after it got dark the roads were crap...an ice skating rink to be more exact and going through the mountainous part of 80 surrounded by tractor trailers on a solid sheet of ice not a good thing. I keep thinking where the heck were all the salt trucks...not on 80 that's for sure.

Anyways at about 6:30 we were stopped, sitting on a hill on 80 stuck, because the tractor trailers could get no traction. The boys were pitching a fit, so we had them out of their car seats trying to amuse them. At about 8:30 much to our surprise we started moving! Lucky for us we were close to an exit so we got off and found our way to camp, after stopping to get gas and fix a flat on the truck...yep we had a flat tire.

So we got to the camp road and it felt like the finish line
...we got stuck :( There we sat for 4 hours trying to get unstuck, using the winch w/ the dying battery, the come-along until it broke, the tow strap until it broke, tying it back together and finally getting unstuck. Try pulling a truck out with a little jeep...I truly do think the jeep was a few inches longer haha!

So at 3:30 am we were finally at camp - amazingly given everything the boys were great! Only a few out bursts but I can't blame them...we had a few of our own.

Thursday the boys and I spent the day relaxing, watching the deer.
And enjoying the scenery...


Friday, we threw the boys in the snow.

Then took them to meet up with Aunt Lindsay and Grandpa...they spent the weekend with them and Grandma. While waiting...we saw Steeler Santa!


The weekend was spent enjoying time with our friends and catching up with everyone.

Unfortunately the jeep had a tragic accident with another jeep :( It is now at Rick's Auto Hospital to be repaired.

We made it to John's parents in time for some snuggling with the boys and then the big game! Steelers win!

Monday we left to come back home, we didn't make it home until almost 10. I think as of today, Thursday, we are all still pretty exhausted.

John got his second tooth!!! I have yet to get pictures of the little ones yet though!

No comments: