Surviving are 1 sister, Grace H.
3 daughters: Elizabeth (Betsy) S. and husband, Frank S., Margaret (Peggy) W., and Joan K.
9 grandchildren: Robert S., Peter S., Mark S., Theresa R., Anne M., John K., Sharon W., Barbara W., and Beth
14 great-grandchildren: Kayla K., John K., Emily S., Jamie, S., Katelyn S., Ryan S., Kayla S., Madison S., Alisa W., Kevin W., Abbey W., Jacob R., John M., and Luke M.
Countless other relatives and friends!
Preceded in death by her husband, L. Edwin Backer, a sister, Ally, and great-grandson, Aaron S.
Missed and loved by many!
I've been trying to figure out what exactly to write since finding out the news yesterday. I really wanted to do Grandma justice, but I am having such a hard time formulating my thoughts and feelings, so if this is a rambling, I'm sorry.
I thought I would tell some of the funny/special memories I have of my grandma. When I was younger much younger because this is a vague thought to me. Grandma used to smoke, I can remember one weekend when all us grand-kids were in town...we emptied out all her cigarettes...oh I know she was so pissed at us, but she never ever said a word. She was a strong person very active in the community as part of the ambulance squad in her younger days. She was always a strong person.
Another memory I have may seem silly to many, but it was some nice time we had together. When we used to go down for Thanksgiving or the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I being the smallest, used to go into the crawl space to get all the Christmas decorations out. It was some time where we could chit chat and talk about nothing really just talk.
As we got older, I didn't see grandma as often, but always knew she loved me and cared very much.
I would have to say my most special memory is Grandma getting to meet the boys for the first time. She enjoyed them so much, they brought such joy to her, not just my boys, but all of the great-grandchildren.
I'm sure my siblings, cousins, aunts, etc, etc, etc have many memories as well.
1 comment:
so sorry to hear your grandma passed away, its never easy. you have so many wonderful memories and the boys did get to meet her and know her. lots of hugs and prayers.
Post a Comment