Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The rest of our visit to the Grandparents!

Sunday night we had a party with Bonnie's family....




We did a regular gift exchange and then a white elephant gift exchange...some of the silliness...





Twin with Twin!

Double the Trouble!
Ok let's see who wins!

John is in the lead!

John was the clear winner!

John making a bed out of a bag of wrapping paper!

Tucking himself in! Playing games

John and Luke with Reed, Kristy's son. Kristy is John's childhood friend.
Lindsay and John in a tent at the Heinz History Center

Luke in a cabin.
going down the slide with Daddy!
Luke having fun.
John smiling! Silliness in one of daddy's old hats and a pair of safety glasses!


We had a wonderful visit to John's parents. Though I was thoroughly disappointed that it didn't really snow there and we missed the big snow storm at home. The boys really enjoyed being on the farm. I think John would have moved into the barn with the cows, Lindsay, maybe you could hire him to watch over the cows. Luke LOVED the tractor and I feel bad he didn't get more chances to drive it around. John and I took a day to drive around and take pictures of rental properties for the website, I like things to be up to date, and it was nice to get a chance to see some of the places.
We had a nice visit with some of John's family. The boys had a blast playing with everyone.
We also got a chance to catch up with John's childhood friend, Kristy. It is fun to have our kids get together, maybe some day we'll live closer and they can play together.
We took a day to go to the Heinz History Center to see the McConnell Family Exhibit, which turned out to have been there the last time we were there only it didn't ahve a plaque on it. I guess that's all they have up of the exhibit. I'm glad John and I went there alone this summer, with the boys it was a complete disaster haha.
Our New Years Eve was super tame, I barely made it to midnight and the boys were asleep by 10. On Saturday, I watched Penn State lose :( aww well, there's always next season.
Then the plague hit haha. Friday and Saturday, John had started coughing. Saturday night he threw up and since then has developed a lovely chest cough and Luke has it too. The ride home thankfully wasn't too bad, and except for the 4 hours of misery last night trying to get the boys comfortable they are sleeping good. Just wish they were feeling better, I always feel so bad when they are sick.
This weekend we are supposed to go to my parents for round 2 of Christmas, but we are playing it by ear waiting to see how the boys are feeling, I really hope they are feeling better.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
And I wish everyone the best for 2011!

No comments: