Hi everybody!! I just wanted to get some info out there for those of you who might be visiting us, or that John or I may come in contact with. RSV is a serious virus, and we are entering the crucial time of the year for it's spread (October through April).
Below are some links with info (thanks to Val..stole em from your post ;) (And I stole Nora's post from your post Val).
Our boys are at increased risk due to the fact that they are preemies (their other increased risk factors include being twins and just being boys, Luke has a greater risk because of his low birth weight and NICU time). RSV presents as a common cold in most healthy adults and children, but in preemies who were born without adequate lung capacity/low birth weight, it can lead to hospitalization and even more serious complications.
Although our little ones (not so little anymore :) are doing great, they are still at increased risk.
Our doctor is still trying to get the insurance company to approve them to have Synagis shots, but they would still be out risk.
For these reasons we will be our trips, and we ask that if you are ill or you have been in close contact with someone who is ill, you do not come see the boys until you are feeling better.
I have avoided going to work some days because people I my office are sick.
Here are a couple of links with info!
http://www.preemiecare.org/rsv_resourceshtm.htm
http://www.preemiecare.org/rsvfaq.htm
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!
*Thanks Nora for the info
No comments:
Post a Comment